JOIN THE TEAM
Want to join our team of dedicated engineers?
IDEAS Engineering & Technology, LLC (IDEAS-TEK) is a minority-owned small business in Albuquerque, NM that offers 30+ years of combined industry experience in embedded system design, aerospace electronics, and software development. Our experience includes electronic systems that have been successfully deployed to space, production systems currently being used across the globe, and software applications used by government and private institutions in the aerospace and medical fields.
IDEAS-TEK was recognized this year by the New Mexico Technology Flying 40 as one of the fastest-growing tech companies in the state.
IDEAS-TEK is looking to expand its expert technical staff with a full-time Embedded System Engineer.
EMBEDDED SYSTEM ENGINEER
IDEAS-TEK provides innovative and cost-effective electronic and embedded solutions for mission-critical systems with a focus on the rapidly-growing space market. Our team is working to enable the next generation of high-reliability space platforms by combining our expertise in developing cost-effective, Rad-Hard ASICs, with our ability to apply today’s high-performance commercial electronics in space environments. IDEAS-TEK's core competencies include digital microelectronics, high-performance and high-reliability embedded systems, and computing and sensing systems, while our company track record includes returning clients from across the US aerospace industry and multiple scientific payloads deployed aboard satellites and the International Space Station.
• Competitive salary based on experience
• Company sponsored medical plan
• Dental and vision insurance
• Retirement plan with company matching
• Flexible schedule
• Paid Vacation
• Paid sick leave
• Work with a great team dedicated to innovation and creative, reliable solutions!
• Design and implement RTL and/or software for embedded devices and systems from requirements to prototype, production, and/or deployment
• Design, develop, code, test and debug system software
• Analyze and enhance efficiency, stability and scalability of system resources
• Interface with hardware design and development teams
• Document design process and report systems results
• Support customers in the integration and deployment of the system
• May need to perform hardware design (schematic, PCB)
• Strong desire to work with hardware (embedded processors, FPGAs, other electronic systems)
• Working knowledge of Verilog for synthesis and simulation
• Working knowledge of FPGA design flow using LiberoSoC and Vivado
• Work experience with lab equipment (oscilloscope, multi-meters, etc.)
• Strong experience in hands-on development and troubleshooting on embedded targets
• Experience programming for microcontrollers and other applications
• Familiarity with software configuration management tools, defect tracking tools, and peer review
• Excellent knowledge of OS coding techniques, IP protocols, interfaces and hardware subsystems
• Strong documentation and writing skills
• Adequate knowledge of reading schematics and datasheets for components
• A strong ability to analyze and understand a system and communicate requirements in technical terms
• Familiarity with schematic capture and PCB design tools (Eagle or Altium) is a plus
• Methodic in developing and following design and testing processes
• A high aptitude for learning and adapting to new and quickly changing technologies
• Team player
• Creativity is important because the projects are diverse, but the purpose remains the same: to find a solution!
EDUCATION- Minimum Qualifications
• Bachelor of Science in Electrical or Computer Engineering. (A related field will be considered if the candidate has extensive experience with electronic/embedded systems.)
US Citizenship/Permanent Residency is Required.
IDEAS-TEK is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please send your resume to